Assignment 2: Developing, Managing, and Operating a Retail Business
Imagine that you recently took over your friend’s small retail business and you now have to do the following:
• Rename the store
• Create new hours of operations
• Hire two (2) new part-time employees and two (2) new full-time employees
• Address a new plan for building your clients and merchandise, and
• Address the issues of the remaining employees from the acquired business, who are disgruntled because you are relocating the store to the center of the town where you live.
Consider how you are going to develop, manage, and operate your new retail business.
http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/75912 http://retail.about.com/od/startingaretailbusiness/tp/checklist.htm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fecPdpw3RYw http://www.entrepreneur.com/businessideas/industry/30.html
Write a three to six to eight (6-8) paper in which you:
1. Propose two to three (2-3) strategies for targeting customers and information gathering that would use in order to develop your own clientele while maintaining the clients of the acquired retail business.
2. Develop a plan that details your approach to recruiting and training a new staff while addressing the concerns of the remaining employees related to the proposed store relocation.
3. Apply the concept of the one-hundred (100) percent location and saturation to your retail store.
4. Create a design for the most important financial dimensions of your business, and develop a strategic plan for addressing the dimensions that you have indicated.
5. Create a name, a mission, and a philosophy for your retail store.
6. Define store hours, including holidays and weekends, and describe the key goals of employee management.
7. Develop a plan for cultivating an inviting store atmosphere (e.g., music, décor, style of goods provided, services provided, etc.) and a corresponding window display.
8. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
• Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
• Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
• Analyze the retailing consumer and database management in retailing.
• Analyze human resource management and financial aspects of operation management in retail organizations.
• Describe the dimensions of operating a retail business and the development of merchandise plans.
• Use technology and information resources to research issues in retail management.
• Write clearly and concisely about retail management using proper writing mechanics.
We offer the best custom writing services. We have done this question before; we can also do it for you…
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more