Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read this week’s assigned readings. In the required article, Customer Obsession and the Platinum Rule . (Reid, 2016),
the author refers to the “Platinum Rule” for developing outstanding customer relationships and discusses the importance of customer service. Your textbook emphasizes the idea that customer service is a strong competitive weapon, which is difficult for competition to imitate. In logistics, the four dimensions of customer service are time, dependability, communication, and convenience. Advanced transportation and technology are the main drivers of globalization that contribute to these four dimensions. See Table 7.2 on page 124 of your text (Murphy & Knemeyer, 2015)
Table 7.2 Select Customer Service Measures
Customer Service Dimension
Order cycle time
Inquiry response time
Order status information
Response to emergency situations
For this assignment, you will research a large global transportation company, write a paper that discusses how customer service supports logistics and supply chain management, and then analyze how this relationship contributes to a company’s competitive advantage in the global marketplace.
In your paper,
· Explain how your chosen company’s current logistics and/or supply chain management practices supports each of the four dimensions of customer service. (The company’s website and annual report are often good starting points for your research.)
· Assess how the company can strengthen the contribution of each dimension to future gains in profitability and/or customer service with at least two of the four dimensions. Provide two to three examples of how other companies have already done so to support your assessment.
The Measuring Customer Service paper
· Must be 600 to 900 words in length (not including title and references pages), double-spaced, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.. Contextual (Level One) headings must be used to organize your paper and your thoughts.
· Must include a title page with the following:
· Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
· Must include and integrate supporting information and reasoning from at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible business source from the Ashford Library in addition to the textbook (see Ashford Writing Center’s Integrating Research (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site. for assistance).
· Must document all sources in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate references page, formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
We offer the best custom writing services. We have done this question before; we can also do it for you…
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more